It’s hard for me to believe that Christmas is right around the corner—again! In this season of Advent, we are given so many opportunities to honor Christ. For the past several years, we have had the opportunity to be a part of God’s generosity through the “Gifts for the Christ Child” Christmas tree. The Salvation Army provides children’s names that are hung from the tree in our foyer. There will be 45 names to choose from, and gifts will be collected through December 14. We encourage everyone to signup and buy gifts for a child.
Here are a few guidelines for shopping:
- Your gifts should be financially reasonable for you. A child’s “wish list” may not fit your budget, and that’s okay.
- If you have children, consider involving them directly by taking them shopping with you or having them write a note to the child.
- When you pick a name from the tree, be sure to write your name after the recipient’s name on the signup sheet on the table.
- Be sure the recipient’s name appears clearly on every package, even if you tie some together, as they tend to get separated.
- Do not give gift cards, which may be diverted easily from the child.
Please feel free to contact Marty Atkins (731-668-3441) or Ali Holcomb (479-841-1814) if you have any questions. Thank you so much! We know this will be an excellent year!